Monday, May 2, 2011

Woe Is Me

Woe Is Me is a band that actually got my head turning, and they captivated me. I love their style of music. Delinquents and Desolate are by far my favourite songs off of their newest album. When Desolate first starts the vocals transcend from low to a louder more vibrant sound. I like the different levels between the two vocalists. The lyrics that really grab my attention are: "Wouldn't you say that the world has spit on you enough. Unanswered prayers, sleeping under streetlights, and I don't understand the danger of talking them up every night. You salvage every skyline. Only enough so that you might have the chance to feel fine." Even though the melody seems slow and rhythmic you can still feel the underlying emotions through the vocals. 

Delinquents on the other hand, has a different feel. Delinquents starts out with a quick tempo right away and even though the lyrics are being scaremed it still feels composed in all its madness. I love the combination of the chorus; it is composed of clean vocals and they're calm, but the background tempo still stays the same. My favourite lyrics from Delinquents are"Your mind is like a candle stick, my ambitions are constantly burning out. Behind every mask, lies a man, who can't live in his own skin. He lives by the flask, he bathes in his past, and he dies by his own sins." If you like some of the bands I've posted before (mainly ADTR) then you will definitely like this amazing band, Woe Is Me.

I give Woe Is Me 4 Sexploding Ears out of 5.

CHECK THEM OUT:


1 comment: